With the ever increasing complexity of the business world, the amount and complexity of commercial litigation has likewise burgeoned. Virtually every type of business competes here in Florida, all interacting with each other as well as with local governments, regulatory agencies and myriad other public and private interests. Conflicts and disputes are inevitable.
At de la Parte & Gilbert, we understand that litigation takes your time and attention away from running your business. To minimize this distraction, you need a law firm that understands all aspects of your business and litigates to achieve your goals in an effective and efficient matter. At de la Parte & Gilbert, we understand that litigation is disruptive, so we strive to reach your goal as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
Our firm has extensive experience in trial and appellate litigation involving a wide variety of issues, from commercial disputes to administrative hearings. Within the State of Florida, our lawyers appear in state and federal courts, and most administrative forums.
The firm also has experience in alternative dispute resolution such as arbitration and mediation.
Types of litigation we routinely handle include:
- Administrative litigation (all types, including bid disputes)
- Business torts (including Fraud, RICO, interference and trade secret litigation)
- Civil rights
- Construction (including contract disputes, liens, defects and mold)
- Consumer protection
- Eminent domain
- Insurance law and coverage dispute
- Land use and zoning
- Licensure and permitting
- Partnership disputes
- Personal injury
- Professional liability (including representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in medical, legal, architectural/engineering and accounting malpractice)
- Real property
- Uniform Commercial Code